Fall is one of my favorite times of the year in East Texas! Welcoming back students, seeing the football teams in action, hearing the band entertain the fans, and watching the cheerleaders enliven the crown, all contribute to making fall a special of the year. (We are still patiently waiting on cooler temperatures!)
I would like to express my appreciation for the opportunity to serve the children of our community. We are blessed to have a community that values learning and the role education plays in preparing all young people to be positive contributors to society.
Our staff, administrative team, Board of Trustees, and District Improvement Committee would like to share some improvements that have been made at AISD:
- Restructuring our safety measures to protect our children.
- Implementing a new District Curriculum & Instruction position to guide the teachers in academically preparing our students.
- Increasing social media presence and planning for a complete rebuild of our District website.
- Ongoing training to help each teacher achieve ESL certification.
- Building strategic plans around College and Career readiness.
- Implementation of a phlebotomy program in partnership with Angelina College.
- Installation of an additional 50 Chromebooks for the high school students.
- Remodeling of AHS halls, locker rooms, trophy cases, and weight room.
- Partnering with local businesses and community members to support our schools.
One of my priorities in these first months of school is to be out on the campuses each week visiting classrooms, talking to students, and seeing teachers in action. It’s important to remember that we are working together to ensure our students are set up for success each step of the way. I look forward to working with you as we move AISD to the next level of excellence together.
Alto ISD Superintendent
244 County Road 2429
Alto, Texas 75925
Office Hours: 7:45 AM-3:45 PM Monday - Friday
Summer Hours: 8:00 AM-2:00 PM Monday - Thursday