I am so excited to be welcoming back students, seeing the football teams in action, hearing the band entertain the fans, and watching the cheerleaders enliven the crown. A new school year is a fresh start. That takes on a new meaning for Alto ISD this year. The district is still recovering from the April storms and a new beginning is eagerly anticipated by all.
I would like to express my appreciation for the opportunity to serve this community. We are blessed to have a community that values learning and the role education plays in preparing all young people to be positive contributors to society.
Our staff, administrative team, Board of Trustees, and District Improvement Committee would like to share some improvements that have been made at AISD:
- Rebuilding AISD, Alto High School, and all its facilities.
- Relocating our high school campus to allow the clean-up process to continue.
- Implementing new ELAR curriculum to guide the teachers in academically preparing our students.
- Continuing to communicate with Alto ISD stakeholders through social media presence and our District website.
- Ongoing training to help each teacher achieve ESL certification.
- Building strategic plans around College and Career readiness.
- Partnering with local businesses and community members to support our schools.
One of my priorities in these first months of school is to be out on the campuses each week visiting classrooms, talking to students, and seeing their learning in action. It’s important to remember that we are working together to ensure our students are set up for success each step of the way. I look forward to working with you as we rebuild AISD. We will be better than ever before!
Alto ISD Superintendent
244 County Road 2429
Alto, Texas 75925
Office Hours: 7:45 AM-3:45 PM Monday - Friday
Summer Hours: 8:00 AM-2:00 PM Monday - Thursday