School Visitor Protocol
All visitors must check in at the front office before walking through campus buildings. Alto ISD requires visitors to show identification and wear visitor's badge while on any campus. The district utilizes an electronic system which requires a visitor to provide his/her driver's license, which is then run through a public data base of the sex offender registry and used to print a photo ID badge to use while the visitor is on campus.
2020-2021 Protocols for Campus Visitors
Campus staff should consider utilizing virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors. All visitors who enter the building must have an appointment and will be required to wear a face covering. Main school entrances will be locked immediately after arrival times and remain that way throughout the day to help ensure effective management and safe screening. Essential visitors will follow specific guidelines.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
- Parents are discouraged from entering the campus and will not be allowed beyond the front office area. Meal drop offs will not be permitted.
- Volunteers are not allowed to visit campuses at this time (including mentors, college representatives, guest speakers, etc.).
- Virtual tools will be used to conduct meetings such as ARDs, LPAC, etc.
- All visitors will be subject to screening by way of a symptom screening form before entering any Alto ISD facility. Copies of screeners will be located in campus offices.
- Alto ISD is permitted to prevent any individual who fails the health screening criteria from being admitted to the campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry to the campus.
- Parental drop off and pick up are excluded from visitor screening since parents will be required to remain in their vehicles.
- If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, they must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
- All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face coverings.
- Any Individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and campus protocols.